Only generating a few pages
« on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:23 PM »
Hello super smart admin!

The site I am currently working on for a client is only generating 8 of many pages of the sitemap.  Some are in the root folder.  A couple are in other folders. I have NO idea why it is only finding a couple of the pages.  Can you please check it out and let me know if you find anything?  Thank you!  Website is: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Re: Only generating a few pages
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:48:44 PM »
Hello,

please let me know an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting from homepage.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:57:49 PM »
The About Us page is one that is not included.  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
It is accessed in the drop down menu under "home"

It might be easier if I give you a list of the only pages that are included.

membership/contact_m.html
stingrays/stingrays.html
/calendar.html
/online_services.html
/request_online.html
/services_faq.html

Initially I thought it might have something to do with the template but the pages listed actually come from 3 different templates.  One page (request_online) shares a template with other pages that are not included and it is the only one from that template that was included.  So I tossed that idea aside and thought I'd just ask in here.  Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 08:22:06 AM »
Hello,

the dropdown menu in your case is handled with javascript (top_menu.js file), so it's inaccessible to bots. You should have the links with html <a href=""> tags to get them indexed.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »
Thank you!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
Thats a good idea!