I would recommend to noticeably increase them:
memory_limit=256M
max_execution_time=1800
Re: Configuring in easier words
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 02:55:30 PM »
Thanks for your answer.
My memory_limit is 256M
max_execution_time is 3600 now.
 If I exclude the URL Hotelbewertung it works.
Doesnt work it because [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is an partner program?
I could implement this feature with php.

The crawler breakes up the process, if I dont exclude Hotelbewertung.

Many thanks for your support.
Annett
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »
Hello,

please try to limit "Maximum depth level" in sitemap generator configuration (set it to "3", for instance and see if that works).
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »
I don't know if anyone can help.  I am a new user.  I have installed all the files.  When I try to crawl to create my first sitemap, I get this error in the browser:

FastCGI Error
The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Details:

The FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout
Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
Error Description: The wait operation timed out.
HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Can anyone help?
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 06:09:58 PM »
HI there dear XML Team, i have a problem, i crawl my site and afte nearly 15 minutes, after 3500 sites, the xml-generator stops working. I try this 8 times, but everytime is the same problem, but i donīt get any error.
And nothing happened in the ror and sitemap.xml folder, always 0K, the settings are 666 writable

Please help me, thank you so much!
Best wishes
Christian
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 06:43:18 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 03:48:04 AM »
I am having the same issue as below... i have set all the permissions, have uploaded everything, but it says that it cant open the socket to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

The address works fine on the free generator, so not sure what the difference is..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Patrick

Sorry for the trouble but I am getting this error...what am I doing wrong?

Links depth: -
Current page: -
Pages added to sitemap: -
Pages scanned: - (- Kb)
Pages left: - (+ - queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: -
Time left: -
Memory usage: -
An error occured: There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Error message: Error opening socket to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP headers follow:

HTTP output:
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
Hey I have a strange error with mine. It is installed, permissions are set but it doesn't ever seem to respond to changes, it just refreshed the page. If you want the url I can PM so you can see yourself, its strange behaviour.
Latest version is installed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:56:10 AM by craigparker »
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.

I'm having the same problem, after 1,000 pages added to the sitemap this one STOPS working. I have to manually push to continue in the last session saved. When I get almost 10,000 pages added, it mess up.

Can you please explain a little bit more how to exactly should be this settings in the php.ini.  I have my php.ini open but I dont see any "max_execution_time" and "memory_limit" vars.  What are the best values this vars should have and how to write it in the php.ini?

Thanks for any help!!
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
Hello,

if you don't have those lines in php.ini you should just add them. Exact settings would depend on specific website, you can try this:
memory_limit = 256M
max_execution_time = 9000
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 01:13:40 PM »
Is there any documentation here for installing on a windows server Including how to set up PHP? The software is mostly working, but I do have a few bugs. For example, when I start a new crawl, I do not see the current status information in the browser (a feature I likedabout the online version on xml-sitemaps.com.) I see multiple warnings about the timezone not being set propperly and a few other small issues. It would be nice to see how somebody installedthis software 100% functional on a windows box from step 1 to completion.

Thanks.
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »
Hello,

1. not displaying progress
This is not windows specific, but depends on server configuration - in this case your server keeps the output of generator script in buffer until it finishes, so you do not see it in browser.

2. date formatting etc.
Looks like you have PHP5.3.0 installed (latest), which has this issue with sitemap generator. It doesn't affect the functioning of sitemap generator in any way though, so you can safely ignore the message. That will be fixed in next version of generator though.