Generator doesn't generate full file
« on: April 11, 2007, 03:12:04 AM »
I'm trying to generate a site map on [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and it only generates the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <urlset xmlns="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" xmlns:xsi="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" xsi:schemaLocation="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" />

I'm not sure what I need to do.  I have a feeling it is server-related because I can't get other sites that are on the same server to run as well.  Same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Re: Generator doesn't generate full file
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:35 PM »
Hello,

you have the following tag in your homepage html source:
Code: [Select]
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow,noarchive">
It tells the crawler NOT to index your site, that's why you get empty sitemap as a result.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 02:11:19 AM »
I have the same problem [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] but none of my pages have the meta tag you have mentioned.

Can you help me? ???

Enviro
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:52:01 AM »
I'm have the same issue, but xml creator is not generator url's past the first page. I've tried several times to no success. The XML generator has worked fine on my other websites.

Here's my site Text Message to TV Screen Entertainment website [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Are you allow to use a specific page as a starter for example  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and submit all the urls from that page? or does it have to be the direct link of the website.

Sincerely
Text to Screen
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:24:23 PM »
Enviro,

you should get rid of javascript redirection on your homepage that prevents crawling your website.

firetext,

yes, you can use non-root links as "Starting URL".