installation issues
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
Hi, I this is my second purchase and installation of the Standalone version.  First one went fine.  This one, not so much!

I am having 2 issues:

(1)  getting the following error messages on the configuration screen (and similar ones on the other pages):
Warning: fopen(D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap\pages\page-configinit.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 17

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap\pages\page-configinit.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 18

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap\pages\page-configinit.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: fopen(D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap\pages\page-config.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 43

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap\pages\page-config.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 44

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Websites\www.volleyballseek.com\sitemap\pages\page-config.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 45

(2) can't modify the permissions on the 3 files...here's the message: "SITE CHMOD 666 config.inc.php": command not understood

Help! LOL  If I just need to pay the $10 and you guys can fix it quickly, let me know, but I'm fairly techy, so if you can instruct, I can probably do it myself

Thanks!
Re: installation issues
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:42:15 PM »
Hello,

the error messages mean that you should setup file permissions correspondingly (as described in installation instructions).
Looks like you are on Windows hosting, so you cannot define permissions via FTP and should do that via hosting control panel or remote desktop access.