Re: sitemap.xml is empty [URGENT]
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »
Please reply.  Yesterday I resumed and it is still running.

Thanks.
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 11:33:57 PM »
If it is still running, then changing the php configuration worked for you. You can check your "Crawling" page from time to time to see its current progress state.
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 12:58:27 PM »
Still should it take that much time to complete the crawl?  From yesterday till now, it is on the same file and still have 2000+ pages to do.

Thanks.
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 03:15:19 AM »
Hello,

it is possible that it has stopped. Do you see the progress details (time elapsed, current page, depth level etc) or only the "resume generation" option with the number of pages crawled?
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 09:18:26 AM »
I can see the progress details, please click on the following link to see the snapshot of the progress.

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

You can see the pages left figure in the attached image, it eventually goes to zero and then again went to 7000+ and continue crawling.  Why it is doing so and taking weeks and still not complete?

Thanks.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 09:21:11 AM »
One more thing, after resuming it, it shows the progress for some time and then it stops showing the progress [don't know whether it is doing the progress in background or not].  Then I stop it and resume it and it starts showing the progress for some time.

Thanks.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 10:38:57 PM »
It looks like your server is stopping the web script after some time, perhaps your IIS server is configured to limit the maximum exeuction time for all scripts and that limit should be increased as well (or sitemap generator should be executed in command line).
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 09:38:51 AM »
What value do you want me to set for the script timeout and how can I run the sitemap with command line?

Thansk.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »
I think you replied on this post because I can see your name in the last post but I can't actually see the post to read.

Thanks.
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 10:41:31 PM »
Hello,

the "Script timeout" value in IIS options should be set to the same value you used for max_execution_time option in php configuration (php.ini).

The command line may differ depending on the folders structure on your server, an example is:
Code: [Select]
c:\php\php.exe c:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com\generator\runcrawl.php
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 09:29:54 AM »
Hello,

the "Script timeout" value in IIS options should be set to the same value you used for max_execution_time option in php configuration (php.ini).

The command line may differ depending on the folders structure on your server, an example is:
Code: [Select]
c:\php\php.exe c:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com\generator\runcrawl.php

After resetting the IIS timeout, its again doing the same stuff and stops after a couple of minutes.

Thanks.
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »
You said it should work with command prompt, after running it from the command prompt, the prompt comes again and it doesn't show any success message. 

Thanks.