site map is not being generated daily...
« on: June 21, 2007, 05:42:15 PM »
even tho config is set to daily..

you installed on our site two days ago..sitemap is from then

doesn't reflect any changes made yesterday..

what gives?

Thanks

Joe
Re: site map is not being generated daily...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:27:28 PM »
Hello,

the "Change frequency" option specifies a rough estimation on how often your pages are changed. To setup automatic sitemap re-generation you should create a system cron job at your server to execute sitemap generator at specified time (or just regularly manually generate sitemap).
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:52:41 PM »
I must admit, your documentation is REALLY confusing. Two questions at this point

"If you want the sitemap to be build periodically (daily, weekly etc) you should setup the cron job to run the script using your hosting Control Panel. The command to use for cron job is shown on the "Crawling" page. ".......
My Ip provider needs to know what command to use for the chron job. I see no "Crawling" page. There are three php files (run_crawl.ph, page-crawlproc.inc.php, and page-crawl.inc.php). What do I tell my IP provider

Concluding, if you will setup the cron job to run the Google sitemap creator script and enable "Inform Google" feature, everything will work automatically without a user interaction required.....
Sorry, I'm still not clear how to do this...is this something I provide to my IP provider?

I also don't see how to get to the "crawling page", Analyze, Run, broken links, etc that are mentioned in the documentation.

Thanks for your patience

Larry
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 01:50:10 AM »
Hello,

you should open your Generator page in the browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/generator/ and you will see the "Crawling" tab on that page.
An example is on the demo page: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/generator-demo/

The cron job command line looks like:
Code: [Select]
/usr/local/bin/php /path/to/your/generator/runcrawl.php
The cron task is usually setup in Hosting Control Panel and exact steps depend on which Control Panel software is installed on your server. You should contact your hosting provider to find out.