html sitemap and Yahoo App ID
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »
I have a couple of questions:

1)
A member asked:
On the html sitemap are we able to remove the link back to xml-sitemaps and to remove the generated bt in the title?

You answered:
yes, you can modify that in pages/sitemap_tpl.htm file.

My 1st Question is:
Where do I find "pages/sitemap_tpl.htm file." to change it?

2)
My 2nd Question is:
In the Configuration page you ask for a "Yahoo App ID", so I went to Yahoo ([ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]) and did my best to create an Yahoo App ID.

In the field: "Web Application URL" I just put: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Should I have directed it to go directly to the text sitemap application itself instead?: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Thanks,

Tim

Re: html sitemap and Yahoo App ID
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:11:03 PM »
Hello,

1. it is located in your generator/ folder.

2. You should specify your website's URL.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:35:13 AM »
Thanks for the information...

Two more Questions:

I went to the data file in the generator folder where the html sitemaps reside and I put titles on them and made them the way I need them to be, then I "save as" them into my web folder (so the originals are still in the generator folder) and the copies are in my web folder.

Here are the Questions:
1)
Can I do a disallow: /generator/ in my robots.txt so the search engines will not get duplicate pages of my html sitemaps (one set in the web folder, one set in the generator folder)?

2)
If I do disallow: /generator/ will it effect the way the generator works the next time I generate new sitemaps, since I will have the generator file blocked in my robots.txt file?

Thanks,
Tim
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »
Hello,

1. yes, you can disallow generator/ folder.
2. your custom html sitemap will not be automatically updated when Sitemap Generator is executed next time (it will update html sitemap in generator folder)