I just bought the program this afternoon. I know I have everything set up correctly, but am having some problems with it. On one site, no matter what I do, it will only index the main page. On another, it's been running for nearly three hours but does seem to be indexing everything. Should it normally take this long??

Thanks,
Joe
Re: Sitemap only includes 1 page on one site, goes on forever on another
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 06:37:08 PM »
Okay, the endless one ended and all seems well with that, but... the site that only gets one page indexed, I cannot for the life of me figure that out. No matter what I do, no matter what I change, it only indexes the main page. There are thousands of pages on the site.

Thanks,
Joe
Hello:

Could you please share the solution to this problem?  I am encountering exactly the same problem in my web site [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
I wish that were true about the www but it is not.

My error file produces this on many lines:

[14-May-2008 16:35:00] PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxx/public_html/sitemap/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 186
Hello,

you should check that you have all permissions set as described in installation instructions. Are the sitemaps created for you though?
I have my main domain in root and am using subdirectories /widgets.../acme as my seperate niches sites.
I have the permission set as the install file states but the program will not crawl the subdirectories.  I does make the sitemap but with only the index.html from the root.
Do you have links to those subfolders on your main page so that sitemap generator can find them and crawl them deeper?
No I do not...just the index.html
Is that required?
Re: Sitemap only includes 1 page on one site, goes on forever on another
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:29:14 PM »
Sitemap Generator creates sitemap by "browsing" your site similar to human visitors, i.e. it opens homepage (starting URL), finds all links on it, then opens those links and searches for further pages etc. That's why you should add links to your website pages so that the crawler can find them.