Wordpress Blog Posts on Sitemap
« on: July 02, 2007, 02:40:36 AM »
After putting in some strings to exclude, I have this program showing just one instance of a given Wordpress blog post in most cases. I did this by doing excludes for strings that led to pages with duplicate copies of the post.

Anyway, in just a few instances, Sitemap Generator is generating two links for the same post, the only difference being a / at the end:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks!
Re: Wordpress Blog Posts on Sitemap
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 03:09:23 AM »
To clarify, the URL's to my Wordpress blog posts all end with the forward slash /

Sitemap Generator, on a few of the posts (not nearly all) is generating the same link to the post twice,  one with the forward slash and one without. Otherwise, no difference. Most of the links on the sitemap to my posts are generating once, correctly, with the trailing slash.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »
Hello,

probably there is a link to the blog post without trailing slash somewhere within your comments or in the blog message.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:20:55 AM »
I found that to be true with a few of the duplicates, but cannot find the rest of them.

Is there a way I can find out what page a link on the sitemap was actually found on? That would be the solution.

Hello,

probably there is a link to the blog post without trailing slash somewhere within your comments or in the blog message.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:14:10 AM »
If I see a link on my generated html sitemap that looks funny, is there any way I can find out what page on my site the generator found that link on? Seems like there would be some way.....

:)
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 10:43:11 PM »
Hello,

currently sitemap generator reports do not allow to track the referring page unless it links to a non-existing page (broken links).