Error opening socket
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:37:11 PM »
HI everyone

I have the following error : An error occured: There was an error while retrieving the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Error message: Error opening socket to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
HTTP headers follow:

HTTP output:

I have searched this forum and found several people having the same problem with port 80 being blocked by the web host. And most of the replies being to contact your web host. Well I have done that and they have indeed blocked port 80 and are unwilling to unblock it.

So my question is, is there away around this either in changing some code or a different way of doing this? If not then I have paid for something I cannot use. Maybe this should be looked at for a furture update?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Lee
Re: Error opening socket
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:18:23 PM »
Hello,

in case if your host provides proxy server for http connections you can configure it in config file:
'xs_curlproxy' => 'xx.xx.xx.xx:xx'
(specify IP address and port of your proxy).

Otherwise you can install sitemap generator on the external host and generate sitemap for your site.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 06:59:39 AM »
HI there

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I didnt really understand the first part of your reply but I installed the site map script on the webhost where the website is and im still getting the same error

You can see it for your self here: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Any help would be great

Thanks
Lee
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:16:33 PM »
The 2nd suggestion was to install it on *external* host, not the same one.