Error message after running script
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »
Hi,
I've been getting the following error messages when I run my script:

Warning: fopen(/home/newtotown/www/ror.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/newtotown/www/apps/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 96

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/newtotown/www/apps/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 107

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/newtotown/www/apps/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 164

(The above error is repeated hundreds of time and then I get one more error message:)

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/newtotown/www/apps/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 175

Any ideas what might be causing this?
Re: Error message after running script
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »
Hello,

you should create an empty ror.xml file in domain root and set its permissions to 0666.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »
Hi,

I did that and it seemed to fix that problem thanks, but now I have the problem where it just seems to hang at the very end of the process with a few seconds left and it never finishes:

"Links depth: 6
Current page: forum/living-ireland/work-visas-work-authorisation-164.html#post218
Pages added to sitemap: 2517
Pages scanned: 3620 (77,093.5 Kb)
Pages left: 7 (+ 361 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 32:38
Time left: 0:03
Memory usage: -
Completed
Total pages indexed: 2523"

It will stay like that for hours if I leave it.

I have ror.xml and sitemap.xml set to 0666 and I have a 5 second delay between each 20 requests.
Maximum execution time, seconds: 9000
Save the script state, every X seconds: 180

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Cormac
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
Hi

I did that and ran it again, it seemed to start ok then it finished about 30 seconds later, an error message (I assume it was an error message because it was black bolded text) appeared on the screen for a second, but it was too quick so I didn't have a chance to read it. The 'Sitemap Details' said no map had been created.

So then I ran it again and it seemed to do it properly this time, anfortunately the same thing happened as did in my post of July 11, 2007, 03:28:50 PM - it hang right at the end.

I will PM my username and password for it maybe you can take a look at it for me as I have no idea what is going on! Thanks.  :o
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:28:29 PM »
Hello,

replied to your message. Looks like sitemap has been created successully.