Error
« on: December 01, 2005, 11:41:14 PM »
When I used php version to make sitemap including phpBB and other BBS, restricting sitmap within 7,000, the scan itself was completed. However, I got an error message below and the sitemap didn't created.

Links depth: 6
Current page: phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=3644
Pages added to sitemap: 7000
Pages scanned: 7619 (216,953.8 Kb)
Pages left: 0 (+ 0 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 35:47
Time left: 0:00
Memory usage: -
Completed
Total pages indexed: 7000
Calculating changelog...
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/htdocs/generator/pages/class.xml-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 117

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 137 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Is it possible to point out the reason?

Also, I noticed that when I put username and password before I make the first sitemap, it has an issue. Even if I try to get in the "Crawling" tab, it requests me the password, and it just bring me to the "Configuration" page after inputting it.
Re: Error
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:03:41 AM »
Hi,

after the "Calculating changelog..." message is displayed, the sitemap files are prepared, saved, and changes are calculated comparing to previous sitemap. In your case the memory is exhausted at the point of sitemap file preparation (since it is not created yet), so you should either increase the memory limit or reduce the maximum number of URLs.

Also, I noticed that when I put username and password before I make the first sitemap, it has an issue. Even if I try to get in the "Crawling" tab, it requests me the password, and it just bring me to the "Configuration" page after inputting it.
Does it means that you cannot reach the Crawling page and start the crawler?
Re: Error
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 06:41:42 AM »
In your case the memory is exhausted at the point of sitemap file preparation (since it is not created yet), so you should either increase the memory limit or reduce the maximum number of URLs.
OK, I understand. Thank you.

Does it means that you cannot reach the Crawling page and start the crawler?

Yes. It happened when I install it firtst time.
Aftter that, I deleted whole folder from the server, then re-uploaded.