Password protect not working?
« on: November 26, 2005, 04:47:34 AM »
Every time I try to implement the password protect feature the password window pops up at least several times, as if I entered the wrong password. Then it sends me to the page which is completely blank. I removed the password and login in config.inc just so I can use the software. I don't want to password protect the entire folder because the text sitemap for yahoo is in the data folder. But I would like to password protect the script! Otherwise everything is working fine.

Thanks,
Scott
Re: Password protect not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 12:53:26 PM »
Hello Scott,

please make sure to upgrade to the latest version of Sitemap Generator - there were changes applied to password protection in the recent releases.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 08:42:35 PM »
Hi, I am running Standalone Sitemap Generator (PHP) v1.2.1, 2005-11-21, and I am still having this problem.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 12:00:37 AM »
Hi Scott,

which kind of problem do you experience now (Sitemap Generator v1.2.1 doesn't have popup login input dialog).
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 12:31:32 AM »
Hi,
At the bottom of the Configuration page it says: Restrict Generator Script access:
below that it says: Login:
below that it says: Password:

When I try to use the feature the pop up login keeps coming back, as if the wrong password is put in. After the third time it lets me view the page: generator/index.php as blank. I can't access it. Then I have to remove the login and password in the config.inc.php to access the  generator/index.php page. I only purchased and installed the script on 11-24-05. So I have always had the latest version.
Thanks,
Scott
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 01:25:58 PM »
Hello Scott,

Thanks for PM.
The issue confirmed for your instance. Please try to download new version of Generator (just updated) and let me know if that helps.

Thank you for reporting!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 12:43:54 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the fast response, the new version is working great! This is a terrific script!
Scott 
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 09:20:02 AM »
Hi, I have one more problem. Now my cron job cannot access the script when the password protect is used.
I get this message:

Content-type: text/html
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.0.4
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=bc3e7ac4862a500a00f4a07855e1495d; path=/
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0,
pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache

<html>
<head>
<title>XML Sitemaps - Generation</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-15"
/>
<link rel=stylesheet type="text/css" href="pages/style.css">
</head>
<body>

What can I do?
Thank you,
Scott
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 11:02:23 AM »
Hi, actually the cron job cannot run the script when the password protection is not used either! I really need to run the script by cron job, I wonder whether everyone is having the same problem with the latest version?
Thank you,
Scott
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 11:31:09 AM »
Hello Scott,

seems like the latest changes in auth function messed up the cron job execution, sorry. Please try to download the script again :)
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 03:36:56 AM »
Hi, just wanted to say Thanks. Everything is working great! Scott