Google Parsing error ror.xml
« on: August 14, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »
Hello,

i make the site map ...  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] for google but i get this error

Line:
   Parsing error
We were unable to read your Sitemap. It may contain an entry we are unable to recognize. Please validate your Sitemap before resubmitting.    [?]    Date found:    Aug 14, 2007
Line:
   Invalid URL
This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit.    [?]    URL:
Parent tag:
Tag:
Date found:    
item
link
Aug 14, 2007
Line:
   Missing XML tag
This required tag is missing. Please add it and resubmit.    [?]    Parent tag:
Tag:
Date found:    link
description
Aug 14, 2007

what i have to do ti fix this

King Regards

Cristian
Re: Google Parsing error ror.xml
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:12:09 PM »
Hello,

google also accept rss ...

here is the pictures of google error

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/index.php?op=validate-xml-sitemap&go=1&sitemapurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdjstools.com%2Fror.xml&submit=Validate

whit XML Sitemap Validator  i get this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schema validating with XSV 2.10-1 of 2005/04/22 13:10:49

Schema validator crashed

The maintainers of XSV will be notified, you don't need to
send mail about this unless you have extra information to provide.
If there are Schema errors reported below, try correcting
them and re-running the validation.

* Target: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
         (Real name: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
          Length: 381858 bytes

Last Modified: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:45:27 GMT
          Server: NOYB)
    * The target was not assessed

Low-level XML well-formedness and/or validity processing output

Error: Input error: Illegal UTF-8 byte 2 <0x20> at file offset 121974
 in unnamed entity at line 3311 char 8 of [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pleas let me know something

Best Regards

Cristian

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »
ror.xml sitemap is not an RSS feed, the only file that should be submitted to Google is sitemap.xml.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:36:31 AM »
ror.xml sitemap is not an RSS feed, the only file that should be submitted to Google is sitemap.xml.

I am making RSS Feeds out of my ROR.XML file to make them useful to human as well as bots.   ;D

The main problem right now is the ROR namespace file is missing and that link is reported as a 404 error now.

But, that can be overcome by also including the namespace for atom together on same line (which is allowed).

Code: [Select]
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:ror="http://rorweb.com/0.1/" >
Of course, you also have to add a call to that line near the top:

<atom:link href="http://www.carolinayellow.com/ror.xml" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
You can see an interesting discussion about this very topic I started in the feedvalidator-users newsgroup.

I'd like to see your program enable me to make ROR.XML as an RSS Feed more efficiently if possible.  About only thing it lacks now is a way to have it add <guid isPermaLink="true">URL</guid> in an automated way.  For me (or ANY non-blog web site for that matter), this URL will ALWAYS be exactly the same as <link>URL</link> tag.

Blogs will sometimes have a different GUID (Globally Unique Identifier) when an entry moves from main first page to its archives.  Generally, that's not the case for regular web sites (which also need a way to creat RSS easily).

Please add this as optional feature into your program!  How? New checkbox asks "Add link as GUID in ror.xml?"

If you did, you can also market your program as being a "magic bullet" that can create an RSS feed for ANY site!  WOW!  Your registrations might go up 10+ times - especially if you didn't offer this as a free service (paid only).

Since your program already creates ROR.XML files now, why not extend that to make it even More Powerful? 

Do you see the HUGE potential for this?  ;D

Please let me know what you think about it.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 12:45:39 AM »
It would be possible with the Standalone sitemap generator since users can modify the xml feed template file.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 10:02:39 AM »
It would be possible with the Standalone sitemap generator since users can modify the xml feed template file.

I already bought stand-alone sitemap generator.  So, I take adding a GUID on each URL is already an option now?

Can you be specific on how and where I would modify it to add the GUID to the ROR.XML?  I can't wait to do it...

Well, actually, I can wait a little bit.   But, I'm anxious to do this and possibly set it up to be done with a cron job.

Kudos to you for including that option and thanks mucho in advance for your assistance to help me pull this off!  ;D
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:41:50 PM »
You will have to modify page/sitemap_ror_tpl.xml file for that.
FIND:
<link><TVAR URL></link>and add below the code you need.