Memory problem with oscommerce.
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:56:54 PM »
Hi,

I've installed and configured the software and it appears to run quite nicely but......I can't generate a sitemap with more than about 2000 urls due to the amount of memory that php script needs to create the site. I have increased php.ini to 100Mb (which is v.high according to the tech people at RackSpace - from a safer 16Mb)....but still 2000 url's appears to be the limit.

I have switched off all other activity in the config file so that the software is generating just a single xml sitemap and not wasting resource on other activity but I can't get any further?

Has anyone else encountered similar problems? Any ideas how this can be overcome without increasing the memory requirements further?

Best Regs, Simon.
Re: Memory problem with oscommerce.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:01:09 PM »
Hello,

please try to enter the following into "Do not parse" option:
Code: [Select]
js=
sort=
action=
write_review
product_reviews
reviews_write
printable=
manufacturers_id=
sort/
action/
js/
printable/
language/
redirect.php
and the following into "Exclude URLs" option:
Code: [Select]
redirect.php
js=
sort=
action=
write_review
reviews_write
printable=
manufacturers_id=
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 05:27:02 PM »
Hi,

I looked into this a little further - I check the server and it turned out the php script memory had not increased to 100M but was in fact still at 16M - To allow the software to run I have now set the server globally @ 32M and set the site map generator folder (only) to 100M - I have just managed to successfully create a 12,500 url sitemap without a problem and later I will attempt to let the software generate an unrestricted sitemap...(I expect around 30,000+ pages)

I'll report back on progress.....but so far so good!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 10:28:04 AM »
Software ran last night and generated a full xml sitemap with just over 33,000 urls. I've pinged google to see what they make of it but it looks to be in good shape. Thanks.....
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
Ok, but the  "Do not parse" and "Exclude URLs" already had with this parses selecteds.

wait