Crawling cannot start
« on: August 08, 2007, 04:43:30 AM »
Hi,

I have been using this great tool for months. It is working for me.

Recently, we upgraded our PHP to 5.2.3 and MySQL to 5.0. We cannot make this tool start to crawl our site any more since then.

The problem is that all the HTML codes below the line "Do not interrupt the script even after closing the browser window until the crawling is complete " disappeared (was truncated), includung the button to start crawling.

Any help is appreciated.

BTW, We have tested this issue with both XML Sitemap Generator v. 2.3 and v. 2.6.

Sincerely,

Edward
Re: Crawling cannot start
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »
Hello,

please let me know your generator URL in private message to check the issue.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:11:54 AM »
I have sent it by the "Personal Messages" function. Thank you.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 12:49:21 AM »
I have the same problem. I crawl once and then it won't show me a submit button after that.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 08:48:33 PM »
Anybody have a generic php.ini file that I can use for my godaddy account? My script keeps stopping!!! Help!
Thanks in advance!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 05:08:14 PM »
I have a similar issue.  My generator will start, then it stops working when the crawldump file gets to be about 6mg, with out making a valid sitemap file..  Then it will not run again unless I delete all data files.  This is happening on two sites that worked fine before.  I just updated my php and this started to happen.

What is the fix?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 12:36:52 AM »
This issue can be resolved by increasing memory_limit setting in php configuration (php.ini).