Great Tool, But...
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:06:10 PM »
Great tool, should save me a lot of time, if I can get it working.

Here is my problem.  Your tool does not allow for forward slashes in a url string after the ?.

ie, I commonly have pages that look like this:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Your script finds this page just fine, but then it assumes that the first forward slash is the current folder, and that all links are relative so that I end up with it thinking that links should be to pages like:

instead of :

The actual html link is as follows:
<a href="pages.php?article=/sms/space_management_simulator.php">

I wish I could simply add a forward slash infront of the link making it <a href="/pages.php?article=/sms/space_management_simulator.php"> which I am sure would solve the issue, but I can't for reasons that would take me a lot of space to explain.

I need your script to look back to the actual current directory, and not simply assume that the first forward slash is the current directory. 

Hopefully this makes sense.

Again, a great tool, I realize my case is something you probably didn't anticipate, but I am sure there are others who have a similiar case.  I would edit the script myself, but you have made it uneditable.  Any help is appreciated.

Hiram
Re: Great Tool, But...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 07:58:29 PM »
Hello Hiram,

do you use Online Generator? If so, please try it again now - the code was just slightly modified. :)
Thank you for reporting!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 09:31:21 AM »
I'm sorry, I just realized I posted in the wrong section.  I actually use the php version, which I installed on my own server.  Could you send me the modified code?  Thank you very much for your help.

hiram **at** nationwideshelving.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:50:38 AM »
Incidentally, I just tried the online generator, and it works great.  Thanx for the changes.  My site has many times more than the limit of 500 pages though, so if I can get the updated source code that would be wonderful.

Thanks again.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 12:29:43 PM »
Hello Hiram,

you can download the script again now using the same link you have in automated email.
Let me know if that works ok now :)