IX Web Hosting
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »
Has anyone successfully installed this script on an IX Web Hosting account?

I've hit a wall.

The error log indicates the script is trying to open .htaccess, which IX will not allow even customers to manually change.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

Del

Re: IX Web Hosting
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:43:52 PM »
Hello,

sitemap generator doesn't read or write .htaccess file(s), so that should not be the issue. Please try to reinstall Sitemap Generator (remove all files form generator/ folder and reupload them).
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:28:03 PM »
Here is the error log entry:

[Mon Nov 12 16:01:02 2007] [crit] [client 00.00.000.0] (13)Permission denied: /my/server/path/public_html/generator/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

Something appears to be trying to open an htaccess file.

When I first uploaded the files, the progrm ran and I got to the configuration page. One of the options I cose was to require a Userename and password. If the U/P are not stored in an htaccess file, where are they stored?

Since the first crash, I've delted and reuploaded the program files an folders twice. No matter how I set permissions, all I get is 403 and Internal Server errors.  Here is another, earlier, log entry:

[Mon Nov 12 15:49:59 2007] [error] [client 00.00.000.0] Premature end of script headers: /my/server/path/public_html/generator/index.php

Thanks.

Del
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 10:55:37 PM »
Hello,

please check your access log for the same timestamp (Nov 12 16:01:02 ) to find out which request causes .htaccess error.

Sitemap Generator doesn't store username/password in .htaccess.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 12:42:43 AM »
My bad on the .htaccess. Sorry.  That is not the problem.

I installed the script on another website on an IX server. Still would not run, generating a 500 error.

Then, I did test install on a different host's server and it installed and ran flawlessly, so the problem seems to be unique to IX web hosting.

Here is the log entry the error generated:

failed to open log file
fopen: Permission denied
[Tue Nov 20 07:45:41 2007] [error] [client 00.00.00.00] Premature end of script headers: /client/server/path/webdocs/generator/index.php

I have no way to know which file is failing to open. The IX tech folks cannot help because the code is encrypted.  Can you give us some idea what might cause the above error long entry?

Thanks.

Del

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:40:44 PM »
It just occurred to me to check the config file.

It appears the script got at least part way through since it was able to detect and write a server path.

I'll PM you the contents of the config file.

Del
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »
I'm having the exact same problem (although I just purchased the software).  When going to the generator folder on my site, I get the following error:
Premature end of script headers: php

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »
Hello,

does your server support PHP language?
Please try to reupload all Generator script files.