xml sitemaps donot index modrewrite urls
« on: November 22, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »
Brought the xml sitemaps unlimited standalone edition.

This script whatever I do does not register mod rewrite urls.

The site is a dating site with thousands of members and the main reason for buying this script was to index URLs dynamically generated as   [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]  . this script does not do this and I would be grateful if I could be refunded my  money back
thank you
Re: xml sitemaps donot index modrewrite urls
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 11:00:13 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap Generator has not problems with indexing mod_rewritten URLs.
Let me know your generator URL via PM or https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/contact.html and I'll check that.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
So I need to pay $10 for support !
I have installed the script exactly as said. Run multiple site and installed loads of php scripts before.
This is quiet easy to install but the output at the moment indexes just the main directories I get about 10 URLs when there should be thousands.
In retrospect the free googlesitemap generator which I have been using as a cron job seems so much more better.

Now could you give a list of reason why the rewritten URLs are not being listed. You can give me  a 100 reasons if you want and I will check them out .
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »
It does not seem to find the thousands of URLs on the site just about 10.
Max pages = 0
Max depth = 0
so that unlimited pages and depth are indexed is set but does not work
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 11:31:41 PM »
As I mentioned above, I'll need your generator URL to find what causes the issue.
There is an email address listed on https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/contact.html to report it.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
Users need to know that URLs which cannot be accessed by unregistered users will not be recorded.
This would apply for example for a community site with a large userbase where to access each profile you need to be logged in.