html Sitemaps for root directory
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:10:43 AM »
I am a paid xml user for 2 web sites.  It works great, no problems, but I like to keep an html sitemap at my root directory for safety (my ISP screwed up in the past and caused a problem that this page will prevent).  Today I noticed that the existing html sitemap at the root level was created before I had a paid account with xml and before I had 1000+ pages on my site.  Now I seem to be stuck.  Is there any way to create an html sitemap that I can put at my root directory?  I went to my generator to view the html sitemap, but it says there is none.  (I thought I might be able to copy or move it.)
Re: html Sitemaps for root directory
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:24:32 PM »
Hello,

html sitemap is created in generator/data/ folder by default. Please check that folder.
Re: html Sitemaps for root directory
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:16:20 PM »
Thank you.  For some reason, when I go to "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]," choose "View Sitemap" and click on the top choice, ".serviceswebpagesmywebsite.compublicgeneratordata/sitemap.html," I get the message "The requested URL /generator/.serviceswebpagesutmywebsite.compublicgeneratordata/sitemap.html was not found on this server."  Same response if I click to download the html using the link in the left menu.

Perhaps I misunderstood how this was supposed to work. 

In any case, I was able to find the file using your instructions and copy the file into my root directory.  Thanks!!