Google Site Map - No Element Found
« on: December 10, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »
Hello!

Thanks for providing this forum for folks like me. After 3 days of trying to generate a sitemap, I only have one strand of hair left and I aim to keep it.

The sitemap wouldn't generate so after much reading, I created the sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz in Notepad and uploaded to the server and applied permission to these two files. 

Now I am getting this error

[ERROR] XML error in the file "/home/mydomain/public_html/sitemap.xml" (line 1,
column 38): no element found.

Thanking you in advance.
Martha

Re: Google Site Map - No Element Found
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:47:19 PM »
Do you generate sitemap with our Online Sitemap Generator? If so, you should download created sitemap.xml file on  resulting page and then upload it to your host (in public_html folder).
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:51:46 AM »
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the reply. I am new at this so I don't have much knowledge. 

No, I did not use Online Sitemap Generator to create the sitemap.  I want to get the sitemap working and then set up a cron job to run automatically.

When I deleted the sitemap.xml file that I created, I kept getting an error indicating that the sitemap.xml file cannot be found, config file errors.  Shouldn't the script create the sitemap.xml file automatically?

How do I get this to work? Help!

Thanks
Martha
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:11:01 AM »
Hello,

I cannot find your email in registered customers list, please email me your transaction ID and generator URL so that I can confirm it: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/contact.html