Fed up and Peed off ! Oleg please read your emails -- HELP
« on: December 04, 2007, 04:28:42 PM »
Links depth: 2
Current page: Apparel-1036682-Outer+Banks-Brand-sr-1.html
Pages added to sitemap: 143
Pages scanned: 160 (8,987.8 Kb)
Pages left: 8259 (+ 899 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 1:01
Time left: 53:12
Memory usage: 4,192.4 Kb

I have done everything that you asked in memory settings, changed them altered timmings - and it still does not work  - but you dont reply to emails any more.
MY site has had thousands of pages DE indexed as I am waiting on thi problem to be sorted out  -  not impressed. I paid for installation - so surley you could see that it stops every time on this setting

Come on guys - lets get with it and fix this
dhwilson@breathe.com
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: Fed up and Peed off ! Oleg please read your emails -- HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:21:40 AM »
Hello,

I'd like to state a very important point first - search engines *never* penalize (or deindex pages)  for using xml sitemaps. You can even have a sitemap with a single URL in it and that won't hurt your site indexing. Sitemaps may only improve indexing of the pages *included* in sitemap, but has zero effect on those that are *not included* in it.

On-topic: I've requested increasing memory_limit/max_execution_time in my email to you, but it was *not* changed yet as it's seen in phpinfo() output on your server. Please double-check that with your host and I'm sure that will resolve the issue and full sitemap will be successfully generated.

My apologies for inconvenience caused by additional steps required to complete sitemap creation.