Downloaded xml site map has less pages than stated.
« on: December 08, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »
Hi, you've got a great service, thank-you for setting this up. I'm particularly greatful for the broken links feature. This has saved me tons of time and given me peace of mind.

I have one problem. When I generate a site map I'm told I have 200 pages. Yet, when I open up the xml site map in my editor (I do a follow-up check to be sure) it doesn't show all the pages. Not sure, if this made a difference, it was my second download as I had broken links, fixed them and then promptly downloaded another site map.

I'm understandably reluctant to load the site map to my site. Am I missing something? Am I reading my editor incorrectly? I loaded your xml site map months ago and it seemed all the pages were in my editor when I did this follow-up check.

Shrinklady
Re: Downloaded xml site map has less pages than stated.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:36:23 PM »
Hello,

if you have made some changes on your site, you should re-generate the sitemap before downloading it again.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:35:46 AM »
Hi Oleg, I'm sorry I didn't understand your response. I did re-generate a new site map but while it stated that"200 pages"  were found (which accruately reports the number of pages I have) it did not list 200 pages when I checked the the file using my editor. For instance, just eyeballing it none of my dynamic urls showed up.

Hopefully, this clarifies my question.

Shrinklady
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 07:59:48 AM »
Thanks Oleg, I think it must be my editor. I re-generated another site map and it showed--by eyeballing it--over 200 pages. So they seem to be congruent now.

Thanks for your time,

Shrinklady