Error Messages, file permissions are correct
« on: December 22, 2007, 12:29:04 AM »
Hi all,

I am trying to get this working for the first time, I have set the file permissions as per the instruction manual but get theses errors on the generator page [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Warning: fopen(D:\Inetpub\sunnysawtell\generator/config.inc.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Inetpub\sunnysawtell\generator\pages\page-configinit.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 17

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Inetpub\sunnysawtell\generator\pages\page-configinit.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 18

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:\Inetpub\sunnysawtell\generator\pages\page-configinit.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 19

does anyone know what is going wrong ???
Re: Error Messages, file permissions are correct
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 07:44:32 AM »
Hello,

it looks like you are hosted on Windows server. In this case you should setup permissions either via hosting control panel or via RDC connection (allow write access to corresponding files/folders).
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 09:39:08 AM »
Yes by the title of this post the file permissions are correct I got the hosting company to do it for me, is there more than than 4 items in the installation docs that need changing eg all files in a directory.   What is an RDC connection and how do i try that as FTP doesn't work and the host doesn't have the tools to do it via admin.

So those error messages are consistant with file permissions and not another problem ????

Please be a bit more helpful in your next response, after all i did buy this product from you.

Kris
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »
Hello,

that error message *definitely* means that file permissions were not assigned correctly. In case of unix/linux hosts permissions can be setup via FTP, but with Windows host you need hosting control panel or remote desktop connection (RDC) to setup permissions.
Your host must allow write access to those file for web service user (IUSR).