more than one web site
« on: January 14, 2006, 04:04:51 AM »
Is it necessary to purchase a different instance of the standaloone generator for each .com site owned?
Re: more than one web site
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:41:05 PM »
Hello,

as described in license agreement, you can use the same license for multiple websites, as long as you personally own all of them.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 01:15:42 PM »
Then I have a problem.  On my first web site (privately hosted) I had no problems setting things up.  This web site is hosted by hypermart and I set things up exactly the same with all the permissions set as set in my first site. When I try to access the  configuration page, I get a "you are not authorized to view this page" message.  Does hypermart require something special? AND, I have another site hosted at POWWEB. Am I going to have a problem there since they don't allow chmodding to 777 for security reason?

THANKS!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 01:24:02 AM »
Hello,

are you using the latest version of sitemap generator? If not, please install the recent one.
As for file permissions, you should contact your hosting support with question on how to setup the files access to allow write operations for php script.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 02:40:28 AM »
I'm using version 1.2.2 and as far as I know that's the latest version. 
As for web hosting on PowWeb and not allowing chmod to 777 on the data directory, apparently it didn't matter.  Works fine over there.
So, I'm down to the one problem that I'm having on the hypermart hosted site where it's telling me "You are not authorized to view this page"  It's drving me absolutely nuts trying to figure out why it's doing this...
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 03:42:29 AM »
Doing a Happy Dance!! I got it working.
Apparently when I converted to a paid hypermart account they added some lines to my htaccess file that really messed it up.  I removed one line from it that looked really strange because it had in one loine what should have been on three lines. Anyway, it's working perfectly now.

I have a couple of other questions now though..... is there a way to secure this on the internet other than setting up the password thing?

Also, cron - I know how to set up a cron job if you're using cPanel. But I don't know how to set it up otherwise. Anyone care to give instructions?
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
Hello!

I'm glad you got it working, great! :)

I have a couple of other questions now though..... is there a way to secure this on the internet other than setting up the password thing?
You can also use apache's directives in .htaccess to restrict access (AuthType, AuthName, Require): http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/auth.html

Also, cron - I know how to set up a cron job if you're using cPanel. But I don't know how to set it up otherwise. Anyone care to give instructions?
If you have SSH access to your host, you can use command line control to configure it. More details: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2005-09,GGGL:en&q=crontab

These points require some unix / web administration knowledge. :)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »
Thanks much!  :)