One of the reasons I paid for this product was so I had control of the sitemap generation inlcluding the reliability of my servers and not someone elses and also the unlimited feature. It appears that this product requires some sort of communication between the script running on my servers and XML-Sitemaps.com or one of their servers to function.

I had setup my sitemap on Google Webmaster Tools two days ago and as my site has been around a little while and fairly well indexed I didn't want to mess around with the way Google indexes my site too much. So after trying to create a new sitemap last night with the Unlimited Generator it failed and only created a sitemap with one url in it. It did this on two of my sites. I then try to turn to the XML-Sitemaps.com site to see if I could read up on what might be wrong, and what do you know its down.

This needs to be fixed and is completely unacceptable. I don't recall agreeing to anything like this in the licence. I have my hosting company looking into this and a good friend reading over the licence very closely.
Re: Unlimited Generator Stops Working Because XML_Sitemaps Was Down.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:32:41 PM »
Hello,

it should work correctly without issues in case if xml-sitemaps.com is down. If you encounter this problem, please let us know so that we can troubleshoot it.

Thanks.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:01:39 AM »
Hi,

It did stop working. I don't know what else to say. I am willing to work with you to get this figured out, but I highly doubt that it was a coincidence that two sites on two different servers failed to generate the sitemap and failed in the same way. Then this morning everything is fine and I didn't change or do anything other than try and generate a script and everything worked. The sites that the sitemaps were being generated on were all functional last night when these failures happened.

I hope this information helps to point you in a direction that identifies the problem so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »
Hi,

I haven't had any more occurrences of this problem.

Other than this initial issue which had happened just after I purchased it I am very impressed by the Unlimited Sitemap Generator. Keep up the good work.