memory error and xml files
« on: January 19, 2008, 02:07:59 AM »
Hi there,

I am getting this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2097222 bytes) in /home/myknow/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 6

Please let me know what to do to fix this.  I have appr. 140 000 pages I need indexed. If  i need to contact my hosting company let me know what I need to tell them. Or if it is a php.ini file I need to create can you let me know what goes inside. thanks

Next

Also when reading 3.14 if the documentation. I am confused as to where the other xml files go and if I have to creat them then give them permissions or dose the script create them? Do they go in the data floder or in the root?

"Google doesn't support sitemap files with more than 50,000 pages. That's why script supports "Sitemap Index" creation for the big sites. So, it will create one sitemap index file and multiple sitemap files with 50 thousand pages each.
For instance, your website has about 140,000 pages. The XML sitemap generator will create these files:
"sitemap.xml" - sitemap index file that includes links to other files (filename depends on what you entered in the "Save sitemap to" field)
"sitemap1.xml" - sitemap file (URLs from 1 to 50,000)
"sitemap2.xml" - sitemap file (URLs from 50,001 to 100,000)
"sitemap3.xml" - sitemap file (URLs from 100,001 to 140,000)
Please make sure all of these files are writable if your website is large. "
Re: memory error and xml files
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:52:49 PM »
Hello,

1.you should increase memory_limit (and possibly max_execution_time) settings in your PHP configuration to resolve that.

2. Assuming that you have a total of 140,000 pages, you should manually create the empty files in domain root:
sitemap.xml
sitemap1.xml
sitemap2.xml
sitemap3.xml
and set 0666 permissions for them.

The first sitemap file will contain the index (list of all other files), while further sitemaps will contain actual URLs of your site (up to 50,000 urls per sitemap file).