wej

Some links not appearing in my Sitemap ?????
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:10:06 AM »
I have some url links ( over 300 of them) that are not showing up in the results of a crawl.

Is this becase the links that are not "discovered" are listed in a pull down/options list??

Re: Some links not appearing in my Sitemap ?????
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »
Hello,

yes, in case if pages are accessible *only* with submitting web forms (like select input field) or javascript, they are not crawled. I recommend you to duplicate the links in html code with  <a> tag.

wej

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:12:28 AM »
Thank you for your response.
I have now tried that.  I moved all the urls to <a href="full URL address">Public Name </a> fields in [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].
They work when selected individually  but the crawl did not add them to the sitemap.html?

wej

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 12:11:27 AM »
Yes at the foot of the links page on the links tab on the front page.
At the moment it is just a test page as a list of <a>...</a>' s and I will add a proper header and better layout later.

wej

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »
Now O.K.   Moved all links to a "visible standalone page" ( [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] ) and now in sitemap.

Thank you for an excellent product ( it does what it says on the packet ) and first clas technical support.

Wej Parry
yellohire.com

mesothelioma

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 02:19:55 AM »
I have some url links ( over 300 of them) that are not showing up in the results of a crawl.

Is this becase the links that are not "discovered" are listed in a pull down/options list??

I think the sitemap generator only indexes a certain amount of pages fo free