Error openning the socket of the webiste.
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »
Yesterday i buy unlimited version of sitemap generator and  already set the ISS configuration and run index.php moreover I also copy the generator folder and give the permission of the files. but when  run the crawling webiste its shows me  following error :

There+was+an+error+while+retrieving+the+URL+specified2F of the website EError+message- Error+opening+socket+to+ the website 3EHTTP+headers+follow EHTTP+output

Could you please help me to run sitemap?

Thanks

Syed
Re: Error openning the socket of the webiste.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 03:05:27 PM »
Does your host support PHP?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »
The webiste is runnig on IIS, but i setup for php and copy the generated folder and gvie permisison of the files. When crawle the website then is shows an error like opening socket of the webstie.

thanks.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »
Did you enable PHP in the IIS?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 03:21:31 PM »
Did you start the php service?
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »
From the Microsoft website:

To install PHP

Download the zip file from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. php .net / downloads.php, which contains the ISAPI filter for IIS.

Extract the contents of the zip file to C:\php.

Go to C:\php.

Copy the php.ini-dist file to your system root (the directory where you installed Windows), rename it to php.ini, and edit it to fit your needs.

Start the Microsoft Management Console or the Internet Services Manager, located in Control Panel.

Click your Web server, and select Properties.

If you want to perform HTTP authentication using PHP, add a new ISAPI filter under ISAPI Filters. Use PHP as the filter name, and supply a path to php4isapi.dll.

Under Home Directory, click Configuration. Add a new entry to Application Mappings. Enter the path to php4isapi.dll as the Executable, enter .php as the extension, leave Method exclusions blank, and select the Script engine checkbox.

Stop IIS completely:

net stop iisadmin /y

Start IIS again:

net start w3svc

You can also perform this installation via command line using the ADSI object model for IIS.

To test PHP

• Create a file called test.php with the following code to check for PHP support:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

The file needs to be located in the document root path, which should be set up by default to C:\ inetpub\ wwroot\ lamp.

Hope this helps-
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
i have done all the steps you have said to me. php working fine but i got this error once i have tried to run the cralwer after configuration setting, Do i need to require any other configuration.
thanks