Well its not working.
« on: March 11, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »
I have done the install, created the files, uploaded and chmoded the files. I have opened the mysite/generator configuration page and logged on. I have set the configuration settings to those recomended here. This is where I can't get anywhere. My site is an SMF 1.1.4  w/ TP 0.9.8. I have an index.htm file in the public html directory that has an image and links to the SMF forum. When I use this index file as my starting point I get just this (index.htm page)page as my site map.

My forum is in a directory called forum within the public html folder. What am I doing wrong? Am I expecting more from the site map generator than it can deliever or is there some proceedure that I missed?
virtualdave
Re: Well its not working.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:37:52 PM »
Make sure that both starting URL and your forums URL reside on *exactly* the same domain, including www. prefix if required, i.e. domain.com and www. domain.com are *different* domains.
Re: Well its not working.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:31:40 AM »
Make sure that both starting URL and your forums URL reside on *exactly* the same domain, including www. prefix if required, i.e. domain.com and www. domain.com are *different* domains.

I just tested this and have become even more confused. I have always used [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] for my index page and [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is where my forum resides. I'm assuming that this complies with your example and is correct. Just for fun I typed in [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] , and my indexpage showed up. Baffled I typed in [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and my forum popped up. so how is this explained? Is it because of my browser history and cache, cookies or what? At any rate I'm no closer to solving anything.
Thanks