Can't get it to work
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:42:47 AM »
Hi

I have set up the script on [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I have set up the configuration, and tried to run the script, but it always seems to stop early.  How do I access and change the php.ini file?  What do I do to get this to work?
Re: Can't get it to work
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:11:15 AM »
use ftp client to connect to the root directory of ur site...drag it back to your local computer and edit it..or many hosting companies should have provided 2 other options, one is cpanel file manager, the other one is web disk...

cpanel file manager enables u to edit ur php.ini file directly through ur browser interface,,web disk makes it easier for u drag ur files to local computer without hving to use ftp most of time.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:55:59 PM »
Me neither, it keeps on crawling, but no actual data is made.

Also slowing down my server.
I have GB ram, and still not able to do what i want.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »
I changed my max execution time to 50000 and 512MB memory,  it still isn't working.  What is wrong here?  Can an admin please help.
Admin, please help
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »
Can I have an admin please help me get the script to work.  I have changed the php.ini file to allow for 512MB memory. and 50000 max execution time.  and 2000 max input time.  I have checked this forum, and made sure my settings are accurate.  But it just seems to crawl 600 pages or so, and then stop doing anything.  It still says  it's in progress, but nothing is being updated.  I leave it for two hours and it says the same amount of pages have been crawled.