team1

Error Searching...
« on: February 17, 2006, 05:25:01 PM »
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\inetpub\PLCTRADER\generator\index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 43

Timed out?  How can this be fixed?
Re: Error Searching...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 05:36:10 PM »
Hello,

this error message means that your server is configured to interrupt scripts that are running longer than defined (30 seconds) value, but sitemap generator requires more time in your case to complete crawling of your site.
You can do either of the following:
1. Increase max_execution_time setting in php.ni file (if you have access to it) and restart apache - that will allow script to run longer
2. If you have SSH access toyour server, you can execute sitemap generator from command line - the time limit will not be applied by a server in this case
3. Exclude certain URLs from adding to sitemap using "Do not parse URLs" and "Exclude URLs" option - it may be enough time to crawl a part of site then.

team1

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 05:40:22 PM »
I found that using the time out at 15 seconds every 100 pages is working so far... x my fingers hope it works.

team1

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 06:06:25 PM »
It still times out, but i set it to save every 5 seconds, so at least i can poke my way through it.  I have to figure something else out, right now i have 35,000 items on my site, in 2 -  3 weeks i will have 1.5 - 2 million itmes on my site. 

??? 

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 08:47:21 PM »
Hi,

you will have to resume generation numerous times to get sitemap completed in this case. It is better to follow one of my advices posted above to get sitemap done in one execution.