What is Google Base format?
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:26:09 AM »
I am confused about what Google Base format is. I am familiar with uploading products to froogle. I also know that froogle has been changed to googlebase.com. But I just don't get how a map of my site will fit into that category.

Could you explain how I am to use the Google Base format and what is it's purpose? Where in google do I use this? In the Base application they provide? Or is what google describes here:

Subscriber stats
If your site publishes feeds of its content, this page will display the number of users who have subscribed to these feeds using Google products such as iGoogle, Google Reader, or Orkut. Because readers can use other sites and aggregators to subscribe to your content, your total number of subscribers from all sources may be higher. Also, these stats list only those feeds with actual subscribers. If your site publishes a feed that does not currently have any Google subscribers, it will not be listed.
If your site publishes feeds of its content, this page will display the number of users who have subscribed to these feeds using Google products such as iGoogle, Google Reader, or Orkut. Because readers can use other sites and aggregators to subscribe to your content, your total number of subscribers from all sources may be higher. Also, these stats list only those feeds with actual subscribers. If your site publishes a feed that does not currently have any Google subscribers, it will not be listed."

Please clarify, thanks,
Thanks,
Jeff