Problems with xml and ror site map
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »
Hi, just installed Sitemap it has crawaled ok I think, because I can see the HTML map. I can also see the xml map in my admin section but when I try to down load it I get this error message:-

XML Parsing Error: no element found Location: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] Line Number 1, Column 1:

I get the same (or similar when I try to down load the ror version)

I have removed both files, recreated the blank xml and ror files and re-crawled the site and I get the same message, this is driving me crazy.

Also I copied and pasted the cron job link into my Control Panel cron job section and I think it sent me a message saying it couldn't do it. Could that be due to the problems with the site maps?

Yours confused,

Dominique :o
Dominique
[www.gayweddingessentials]
Re: Problems with xml and ror site map
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
Hello,

I'm getting a file not found error for the sitemap URL you provided, did you remove the file?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »
Hi Admin,

No it is still there but you just cannot access it. If you want I can down load the file and copy and paste it so you can see the file. I get the same with the ror file. I don't know why.

Regards Dominique
Dominique
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »
Hi, I have sent a PM. Hope you have received it. Regards Ballada
Dominique
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:01:09 PM »
Hi again,
I have been looking at the install instructions again and there the folder is called 'generator' when I unzipped mine it is called 'Sitemap Generator', would this make any difference?

Regards Dominique
Dominique