running sitemap on local site then sending it on my server
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:09:33 PM »
Hello,
I am running the sitemap on my local WAMP and i wish to send it on distant server once the crowl is finished. What are the changes i need to do for adapting it to the distant server.
I checked twice the file sitemap.xml on the local server while the script is running, but it still umpty. Do i need to wait the end of the crawl to see the file with my site's URL ?
Thanks for your help
yaz
Re: running sitemap on local site then sending it on my server
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:29:33 PM »
Hello,

xml sitemap is created only when crawling is completed. You can upload it to your server without changes after that.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 07:14:05 PM »
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I want to know as well, if after submiting the sitemap done on local server, i will have it updated automatically on the dynamique site located in the distant server
Thanks for the help
yaz
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »
It is not automatically updated on the server, all sitemap files are stored locally in this case and should be upload manually.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:19:39 PM »
Hello,
But my site is dynamic, and changes with the posts of the visitors. Do i have everyday to bring back the database from the server and crawl the site and send again ?
You don't have any other alternative ?
Thanks for the help
yaz
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 10:03:40 PM »
There is no need to transfer database from the site to local PC. You can crawl your external site from local instance of sitemap generator.