Not crawling :(
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »
I have just by and install (couple of days ago) thiss cript but it seems its dont work at all  :(
Have done al the configurations and start crawling, but after 1/2 minutes i get this page:

After this nothing happen at all, wait for a day and when i come back still this page, is this normal?

Thanks for anny help from you guys :)
Re: Not crawling :(
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 01:20:23 PM »
memory_limit = 8M
max_execution_time = 30

30 means 30 minutes i think?
Page will stop after 2 or 3 minutes not after 30 minutes.

I dont have acces to a php.ini file :(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:23:52 PM by beheer »
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:32:14 AM »
So i have buy it for nothing and can trow it away  ???

Maybe you can set on your site that people need acces to the php.ini file, most of the people on a hosting account dont have acces to this file, only when you have a server you have acces to this file.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »
Hello,

in most cases this is NOT required. Also, on system requirements page it says:
The memory size requirements (as well as the time required to complete sitemap generation) depends on the number of pages your website contains.

Please PM me your generator URL so that I can check it.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
"it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im work in the host that my domain name are hosted and talked with my technicall support and they increased the PHP time but the scritp continues stopping after 5 min. The memory is not the problem...so I do no what I have to do.

Links depth: 20
Current page: product_info.php?products_id=96
Pages added to sitemap: 9047
Pages scanned: 23460 (316,264.9 Kb)
Pages left: 25 (+ 70 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 106:32
Time left: 0:06
Memory usage: -
Resuming the last session (last updated: 2008-05-06 19:24:27) 
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »
Hello,

it looks like you have an oscommerce/xcart based website, please use these crawling options to signifcantly improve the performance: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,1241.html
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »
Ok, but the  "Do not parse" and "Exclude URLs" already had with this parses selecteds.

wait