I think I've installed it correctly, however when I go to;-
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and click 'Run' the page changes and some sort of text rushes across the screen, then before you have a chance to read anything, the page goes to the configuration page. On the left-hand side of the config page it says;-
Sitemap was not generated yet, please go to Crawling page to start crawler manually or to setup a cron job.
However in the browser address bar it says;-
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

So... what's the likely cause please?
I think I'm about to get a reply, something to the effect of;-
Probably there is a configuration problem - it looks like your server doesn't allow local network connections via port 80 (http) - as a result sitemap generator is not able to crawl the site. This is usually related to firewall installed at the host - could you please contact your hosting support regarding this?
Sadly I thought I would get an easy to run package with a 500 page limit removed. I already know from experience my host won't be very co-operative with making changes to satisfy the most likely answer to my initial post. Therefore I have to ask what is the way forward?

Perhaps there should have been some way to test my host before I forked out for this package
Hello,

please try to enter the IP address of your server in config.inc.php file:
'xs_ipconnection'=>'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'
Thanks for your quick reply.

Been and added the IP as suggested. Now scans, and comes back with
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<urlset
      xmlns="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]"
      xmlns:xsi="[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]"
      xsi:schemaLocation="
            [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
            [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]">

<url>
  <loc>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</loc>
  <priority>0.50</priority>
  <lastmod>2006-10-26T02:25:26+00:00</lastmod>
  <changefreq>daily</changefreq>
</url>
</urlset>
Why has it only returned with one url when it has about 1600 to choose from?
Looking at your previous error message there looks to be a redirect on your site. Check your config screen and start url to see if that is causing a problem. Try entering your start url including www and see if that makes a difference.
Philip Nicosia
Tried removing the .htaccess file as it had redirects - still returns with one url

Tried removing original index.htm file which had a redirect  if the .htaccess redirect failed - still returns with one url

Tried loading an empty .htaccess file and a 'normal' index page - still returns with one url

Any more ideas?
Hi, could you please either email or PM the url to your sitemap generator for us to take a look at your problem please.
Philip Nicosia
Just so that others know how admin has progressed my problems.

Admin suggested
please try to enter IP address of your server manually in generator/config.inc.php file:
 'xs_ipconnection'=>'xxx.xxx.xx.xxx'    (IP of Just_a_blokes website)
 or
 'xs_ipconnection'=>'xxx.x.x.x'    (not sure what this IP relates to)

After entering the IP address of my website it now scans my site. However because I have a redirect at the root to a specific folder, it only scans that folder. Same as I have so many other folders

I tried removing the redirect page and the .htaccess file as there is a redirect in there as well, but it still only scans the one folder. Ill try removing them again to see what happens, but it would be nice if I didn't have to remove the files to create a fresh sitemap every time.
Hello,

for testing purposes you limit "Maximum number of pages" in Sitemap Generator configuration and see if it works for a smaller set of pages.
Hi,

I un-installed the original set-up last year, and now trying to re-install the latest download, but I'm now encountering problems again.

Carrying out a scan of my site with the free online version, it only lists two of the 500 or so pages. So downloaded the latest version to try from with-in my site. But get nothing.

I've tried [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] and [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. I've even added  'xs_ipconnection'=>'xxx.xxx.xx.xxx', to the generator/config.inc.php file.

when clicking the crawl/run button, I get
Please wait. Sitemap generation in progress...
Links depth: -
Current page: -
Pages added to sitemap: -
Pages scanned: - (- Kb)
Pages left: - (+ - queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: -
Time left: -
Memory usage: -

Then it returns to configuration page and reports;
No sitemaps found
Sitemap was not generated yet, please go to Crawling page to start crawler manually or to setup a cron job.

Not sure where to go now?

Can anyone help me please?
Following your post about the back-up, I dug out the back-up and uploaded it. Strangely it looks like its going to index the pages, however some bold text appears in the progress window, then quickly disappears before having had a chance to read it, and is covered by the output of the sites index.htm file and just hangs.

I renamed the original 'generator' folder to retain the new version on the server. On trying to run the new version in the re-named folder, it still does as originally reported in today's earlier post.