sitemap generator is only indexing about 9 of my pages
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:22:25 AM »
I have used xml-sitemaps for a long time and all of a sudden it is only indexing about 9 of my pages (When my site contains about 64 pages (google has registered all of these and about 1 week previous, so did xml-sitemaps). I cant really pin-point any particular thing I have changed that may have caused this problem.

For reference, my site is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Dave
Re: sitemap generator is only indexing about 9 of my pages
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 01:22:24 AM »
Hi,

Have you changed your site recently? You have a lot of pages on your site that are without the www prefix. If you enter your start address as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] then only 9 pages are picked up.

If you enter your start url without the www (shareworld.co.uk) then it picks up 53 pages.

Philip Nicosia
Re: sitemap generator is only indexing about 9 of my pages
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:37:44 AM »
Thanks, that sorted out the problem!
I have implemented CMS software on my site recently and I justed checked the config file and Id listed the site as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Updated it and all seems fine (the reason I didnt attribute it to the move to CMS was because I changed over about 4 weeks ago, and this problem has only just arose).

Anyway thats sorted now, thanks alot for the help!!!!!