Fatal error: Out of memory (Shared Hosting) PLEASE HELP!!
« on: May 25, 2008, 02:28:58 AM »
I was getting following error and was not able to completely run the script.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 54525952) (tried to allocate 46 bytes)
in /home/rigved/public_html/generator/pages/class.utils.inc.php(2) :
eval()'d code on line 6

I was suggested Oleg to “Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.”
But hosting package is on shared server and hosting company has denied to make following changes.

What should I do now? Is there any other solution??
Please help.
  :(
Re: Fatal error: Out of memory (Shared Hosting) PLEASE HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »

Hi Oleg,
I was going thru forums and found out your following solution for memory limit when user cannot modify memory_limit on shared hosting.

Hello JAP,

if you are not allowed to modify PHP settings to increase memory_limit option, the only way to get the whole site included into sitemap is to try to separate the site on several parts .

For instance, if your site has folders:
/part1/
/part2/
/part3/

you can generate sitemap for every single subfolder (using corresponding "Starting URL" setting) .

It depends on your site structure and may be hard (or impossible) to do in some cases though.

Now I have similar directory structure. So should I generate sitemap for each directory separately like sitemap1, sitemap2,sitemap3,…sitemap100…. and then include all links of all top level directories and links of these other sitemaps in main SITEMAP, Will google crawl my pages if I do it this way?? Is this the right way to do it?

Regards,

Rigved
Re: Fatal error: Out of memory (Shared Hosting) PLEASE HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 05:49:46 PM »
Now I have similar directory structure. So should I generate sitemap for each directory separately like sitemap1, sitemap2,sitemap3,…sitemap100…. and then include all links of all top level directories and links of these other sitemaps in main SITEMAP, Will google crawl my pages if I do it this way?? Is this the right way to do it?
Yes, this solution should work fine and sitemaps will be accepted by Google.