Re: Full site not crawled - urgent help required!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
Sent you message with generator url for my site where I cannot save the config file - please help.

Regards.

Jack.
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 01:50:48 AM »
Hello,

try to create .htaccess file in generator folder with one line:
RewriteEngine off
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 05:28:21 PM »
Yes, creating the .htaccess file helped as it is saving the config now - but there is a starnge problem - the script is creating the sitemap.xml.gz file and the ror.xml but not writing the main sitemap.xml file. I have kept new blank file with necessary write permissions but no use... i have the old file with 666 permission - but its not updaing - could not find the file in the data folder also!

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Jack.
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »
Disabling GZ compression worked but its giving memory errors - allocated memory is 32 mb and i had about 19000 urls crawled last time.

Please advice.

Jack.
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
You can reenable gzip compressions then. o I understand correctly that you have sitemap.xml.gz created in this case?
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »
Done that and even increased the memory size to 64 mb... again stopping due to memory limits !

The earlier version of this script I had never craeted any problem for two years and my cron was working perfectly. Dont know what went wrong - can i use the earlier config.inc.php with this version..or it will create conflict...

Also, let me know if you can setup this for me and generate an error free xml file... I had 20000 + pages indexed on Google and I am afraid I may loose my position built with so much efforts. I will pay the charges and fees.

Regards.

Jack.
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »
I have redone all process - now its generating a sitemap - but which got errors ... still no gz file in data folder.
Please set this up for me and help me generate a proper sitemap. You already have the url in your message box - I am sending it again with login and pass.

Let me know the charge and I will pay also.

Thanks,

Jack.
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »
I see that you have gzip compression disabled now. In this case sitemap.xml file is created, no sitemap.xml.gz.
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 09:24:28 AM »
The sitemap.xml is created but full of errors - the sitemap.xml.gz is disabled and there is no such file in the data folder also.

Please help me generate a clean error-free file.

Thanks.
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »
Hi,

Initially there were many errors due to some abnormal characters in the tag field - which I have removed from the database.

Now the sitemap should be clean but when I try to validate I get the error:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Line Number 4, Column 1:

When I check the first four/five lines of the sitemap the structure seems to be perfect as it same as in othere sitemaps...

Please help - i have already lost position and  indexed page count has come down substantially ...

Regards,

Jack.
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »
I've just submitted sitemap to Google here:
http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/siteoverview

and it has been parsed correctly:

sitemap.xml
   Sitemap    9 minutes ago    OK    15434    Details

The validator could not process your sitemap since there is a large file create.