Cron task doesn't work on hosted domain
« on: May 30, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »
I installed the standalone version on my host, where I administrate my domain but:
- anyfile attribute can not be changed, they stay on 644 (no rights to change them)
- I run the xml-generator index at distance, its stores very well the changes in my config.inc.php on site, it runs very well and stores a ror and sitemap.xml new file on my web site.

By the way, users : take care to install a .htaccess file to securise the access at the xml-generator files and your settings, so that anyone cannot launch a sitemap with other wrong settings.

but  :

when I set a cron task on my host, I can not set it with an executable line but an URL page to start.
So /usr/local/bin/php /var/www/62/p/r/o/mysite.com/www/xml-generator/runcrawl.php
 is not allowed, but yourdomain.com/your_sitemap_order/index.php?op=crawl&gb=true&crawl=Run as I saw it on the other forum can be done as if I would have typed it in my browser bar.
In this last case, the task is launched by no message in log, and the sitemap.xml file is not written.
The cron program "runcrawl.php" and index page are the problems at first glance.

Waiting for a new program version ...or your answer taking into account that my website is hosted and shared with others with security and I am not the provider nor the administrator.
Regards

William
Re: Cron task doesn't work on hosted domain
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:23:19 PM »
Hello,

So /usr/local/bin/php /var/www/62/p/r/o/mysite.com/www/xml-generator/runcrawl.php
 is not allowed,
What is the error message you get when setting up cron task like that?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:03:36 PM »
Hello,

the host replies equivalent of "invalid URL" in French.

Regards

William
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »
Perhaps your host doesn't support command line cron tasks, but is URL-based instead.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:49 PM »
Yes he supports URL base cron tasks. So what should iI do ?
Regards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »
You should use this one then:
is not allowed, but yourdomain.com/your_sitemap_order/index.php?op=crawl&gb=true&crawl=Run as I saw it on
or generate sitemap manually.
So, if I have to do it manually, I find absolutly NOT advantage paying this standalone version instead using the free version as before; users if you have less than 500 pages : stay on free online version.

Now your company can upgrade this version and let the cron program run properly on hosted website : test on mine which is very good for 6 years : Online.fr: open a domain is almost nothing.

Regards

William
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what is the problem, you can setup a automatic cron task with URL as command.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 10:29:17 AM »
 ???
hello,
The cron task is still running in appearence without any result (sitemap file) and I have still no concrete help.
It works manually, so I cannot find any advantage in buying your piece of software.
If you want I can give you Support, the access in private at my site to test yourself the situation.
Regards.

William
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 11:13:49 PM »
You can setup multiple cron tasks for sitemap generator in a row and they will resume generation, until sitemap is created.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 07:55:17 AM »
I do not understand what you mean, in any case my web site has noly 150 pages only.
If you want I can give you , the access in private at my site to test yourself the situation.
best regards
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
Hello,

thanks for the test. Yes I saw : your manual lauch created a sitemap.xml file dated the 23/06/08. But this is NOT the topic, because manually it ever worked.
Since that date, the cron task has run 2 times BUT has NOT created or upgraded the sitemap.xml file : this IS THE problem to solve.
The problem is in the CRON PROGRAM: runcrawl.php .
Can you solve it please, because , this is the problem as I say since the begining: no advantages with the free version I used before.

best regards

William
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 08:03:50 AM »
Hello,

I am sorry, no access to web administration is granted outside the company, you have already access to sitemap admin and a screen copy of the cron admin : there is no much parameters but how frequently the task has  to be lauched.
The host provider is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]  and a good support I can access. The page on the cron tasks [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] does not provide much on the problem.
Anyway the response I receive every day by mail to the task lauch is positive :
votre tâche planifiée à bien été executée le 29 juin 2008 a 23:01. L'url téléchargée est : [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
La réponse du serveur web est :
   Code HTTP: 200
   Réponse du serveur: 200 OK
So what can I ask the support ? As the task is running well manually, weel lauched automatically and the sitemap.xml not overwritten nor log updated with runcrawl.php, I deduce that this last program is not running well.
How do you wnat to proceed to solve this problem ?
I think that you should look deeply in this program.

Best regards

William