Memory Error
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:39:38 PM »
Received the following - help

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/html/sitemap_generator/pages/class.grab.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 247

Thanks
Mike
Re: Memory Error
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 12:40:44 AM »
Hello Mike,

as discussed in this thread: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,153.htm
You should either:
- increase the memory_limit setting in php.ini
- limit the number of pages included in sitemap at Configuration page
- exclude a part of you pages from indexing with "Do not parse URLs" option
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 02:41:51 AM »
Oleg,

Took your advice and made a few changes and was working my way back up by increasing the number of pages.  Just completed a craw for 5000 pages and now I get the "Internal Server Error" for any tab other than 'Documentation'.  Check the other posting in the form and the next step seems to be providing you with the url - [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I was having a problem getting the process to write to the sitemap.html files.  Was receiving an error that the process could not write to the files and I had just updated the premissions and was in the process of doing another craw to see if I had corrected the problem when I got the 'Internal Server Error'.

Is there a chance that my server is now blocking me?

Thanks,
Mike
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »
Hello,

probably you have made some incorrect changes in php configuration and php scripts stoped working as a result. Do you have php scripts  (other than sitemap generator) running at your server currently?

If you can provide me with access to your server (via private message), I will check it further.