does the free online sitemap create dynamic sitemaps?
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:49:04 PM »
I'm new to sitemaps and need some help.

I run a small online store. Basically my goal is when I add a product to my site, it should be dynamically added to google and other search engines.

I built a sitemap using the free online sitemap. However, my developer states the sitemap is static and not dynamic.

My current configurations with the free sitemap are:

Change frequency = always
Last modification = use server's response
Priority = 0.5

Questions...

1) How can I change these configurations for a dynamic sitemap? Should I set "priority" to 1.0 ?
2) The homepage url structure of my site is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] should I put this entire url in the starting url? or just use [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] ?
3) My shop currently only has 100 products. I know the free sitemap generator only does 500 pages. So for now it works fine. What happens if my product inventory increases to 1000? Will the previously generated free sitemap still work and dynamically update on google?
4) As my inventory increases and provided I don't make any major changes to my site. Do I have to continually generate new sitemaps and submit to google or creating just 1 dynamic sitemap will work?

How do I achieve my goal of having google and other search engines dynamically update as I add new products?

Thanks for your prompt response.

Re: does the free online sitemap create dynamic sitemaps?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
Hello,

1. priority attribute only reflects the importance of the URL relative to other URLs in the same sitemap

2. you should specify your domain root as Starting URL

3. online generator doesn't crawl more than 500 pages, you can purchase our standlone sitemap generator for unlimited pages and automatically regenerated sitemap: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html

4. in case if your pages are not changing, you can keep old sitemap.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:36:24 PM »
Ok thanks for your response. Please clarify. I'm new.

1) So what should I set priority to for dynamic sitemaps? Leave it at .5 or increase to 1.0?
2) What is the domain root? Is it the [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] or [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] ?
3) So does the free sitemap do dynamic sitemaps for dynamic sites with less than 500 pages? If yes, please specify the exact configuration for example [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 01:54:34 AM »
1. You can leave it with default value.

2. http://www.url.com/

3. Yes, online generator creates sitemaps for dynamic sites with no problems at all.