default html sitemap
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:42:33 PM »
First of all congratulations about this great script. I have been using it since a while and never had any problem except one thing. Is it possible to have the default html sitemap saved as sitemap.html instead of sitemap1.html ?
In the configuration I have "HTML Sitemap filename" set as /home/mydomain/public_html/sitemap.html and have given the right permissions to the file but the software keeps saving it as sitemap1.html
I have to manually copy that file to my sitemap but then I have duplicate files sitemap and sitemap1
I hope you can help.
My sitemap:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: default html sitemap
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:46:39 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap Generator will create sitemap.html file if ALL links fit in one file. Since you 1,000 links per file currently and html sitemap is divided onto 5 parts, sitemap generator creates sitemap1.html, sitemap2.html etc for clarity.
But your idea makes sense to me - the next version of Sitemap Generator will create the files like "sitemap.html", "sitemap2.html" etc.

thank you for your words :)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50:17 PM »
Thanks for your fast answer. Can I get a free upgrade once this mod is made?  ;D
One more thing. can you tell me if there will be any problem if I make a permanent redirection from sitemap.html to sitemap1.html
I just don't feel like editing the thousands of pages of my website to link to the new sitemap.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:56:07 PM by chabry »
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »
Hello,

it's better to setup temporary redirect (code 302) instead, if you will set it back when new version of sitemap generator is released.

Can I get a free upgrade once this mod is made?
Sure, all customers get access to all future updates for free :)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:11:49 PM »
Thank you very much.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 12:55:48 AM »
Hello,

please download the new Sitemap Generator v2.1.1 that addresses your request :)
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 02:31:36 AM »
 :o Wow! 8 days from the time I submitted a request till the work is done?
I wish everything would be like that in the world.
I am going to test the new version right now. Thank you for this great work and support. :D
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 02:46:32 PM »
Is this new version supposed to save the html sitemap as sitemap.html? I uploaded the new files on my server but it is still saved as sitemap1.html
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 07:52:26 PM »
Hello,

yes, it should save the first sitemap part as sitemap.html. Perhaps your sitemap1.html is the old file left after re-generation? Also make sure that you have 0666 permissions for sitemap.html to allow overwritting.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 12:27:47 AM »
The permissions for sitemap.html are set to 0666 like all other sitemap files and the new generation was saved in the sitemap1.html. The sitemap.html is still dated from the day I copied the sitemap1.html content to it. Do I have to change anything in the configuration?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »
Hello,

please try to re-download Sitemap Generator package using the same link and install it again.

Thanks.
The permissions for sitemap.html are set to 0666 like all other sitemap files and the new generation was saved in the sitemap1.html. The sitemap.html is still dated from the day I copied the sitemap1.html content to it. Do I have to change anything in the configuration?