How do you know when the site map is created?
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »
How do you know when the generator has finished creating the sitmap?  Go to "View Sitemap" ?

If so I have nothing under html
There is a url listed for the Text sitemap - however when I click on it I get "page cannot be found"
And, for the ror.xml sitemap I have a url listed for it but when I click on it I get  the following error:
----------------------------
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]'.
------------------------------

If I open my browser and type [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
I get the same above error that shows for the ror.xml sitemap. 

What do I need to do.  I followed all the steps and opened all files it said needed to have permissions changed as well.

thanks..
Donna
Re: How do you know when the site map is created?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:03:55 AM »
You should see sitemap details in the left column, including pages number, generation time etc.
Try to reexecute sitemap generator again.
Re: How do you know when the site map is created?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:16:36 PM »
I've tried a few times already and keep getting this same error message. 

url.txt - page not found
ror.xml:
XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]'.

sitemap.xml has same error:

Do any of the files need to be installed a different folder (ie:  upper level)?
I installed mine in
/var/www/html
same place I install all my html files.

thanks..