Warning from Google
« on: August 09, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »
I made a sitemap and submitted it to Google, but it now gives a warning because...

All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.
All the URLs in your Sitemap are set to the same priority (not the default priority). Priority indicates the importance of a particular URL relative to other URLs on your site, and doesn't impact your site's performance in search results. If all URLs have the same priority, Google can't tell which are more important.

Well, each of my pages ARE important! Will this go against my site?  If yes, then how do I adjust the priority when creating a sitemap - it does it automatically.

TIA
Re: Warning from Google
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »
Hello,

try to regenerate sitemap, reupload it to your domain and resubmit to Google (sitemap generator supports automatic priority setting now).
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »
Hi and thanks for replying.

However, when I generated the site map the priority WAS automatically set.  It set the home page as 1.0 and all the other pages 0.8

Generating it again still gives me the same map with those priorities.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »
Do you mean that you see different priorities in sitemap, but still are having "Same priority" warning? Try to resubmit sitemap in this case.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »
Thanks.  I submitted the same sitemap again and this time it seems to be ok!!  ho hum!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »
Unfortunately I spoke to soon. Took a look at it today and the same warning is there again
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 05:30:07 AM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

This is a new site and I only have a few pages on it at the moment.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:21 PM »
I've just submitted your sitemap and got no errors:
sitemap.xml
   Sitemap    2 hours ago    OK    13    Details
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »
Thanks - I guess I'll have to give up on this one then. I have resubmitted it and STILL get a warning with the details:

All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.
All the URLs in your Sitemap are set to the same priority (not the default priority). Priority indicates the importance of a particular URL relative to other URLs on your site, and doesn't impact your site's performance in search results. If all URLs have the same priority, Google can't tell which are more important.