Only one page indexed
« on: August 17, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »
I have 5 or 6 pages I would like indexed in my sitemap but generator only includes the home page. All links are in html format with css located in a horizontal navigation menu. Site is located here:  [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: Only one page indexed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
Hello,

your links are pointing to domain name without "www.", so you should provide the URL without www as Starting URL when creating sitemap.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to this and have the same problem - it only returns the homepage and not the other pages. I've tried doing what you suggested for this person but it still didn't work. Do you have any other ideas?
Much appreciated.
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
Hello,

all links on your homepage are created with javascript, so the crawler cannot find them: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/se-bot-simulator.html?op=se-bot-simulator&go=1&pageurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.antiquarianart.net%2F&se=googlebot&submit=Start

You should duplicate the links with regular html <a href="..."> to get them indexed.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »
Thank you. I'm using a drag and drop type application to create this website and aren't familiar with actual programming. How do I actually duplicate the links? I don't understand why Homestead would have a product that prevents - through use of Javascript - the search engines indexing pages?!

Thank you very much for your help.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 04:41:10 PM »
Thank you. That worked but I now have page, page, page, page in the top right left hand corner of the page i.e. it's not formatted or anything. I've tried to hide it using <!-- --!> as suggested by a friend but that then seems to nullify the use of the html links i.e. it doesn;t get picked up by the generator! Anyway I can continue with the javascript links (as I can't easily replicate them in html) and have the html links in the background so that they can be seen by the sitemap generator, google etc but not by a user viewing the page?

Appreciate all your help here.

Many thanks.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »
No bother. I've come up with a solution that seems to work - placing text links on the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your time.