Tengo una comunidad ning y no me funcionan sus instrucciones
« on: August 23, 2008, 03:24:09 AM »
He instalado todo hasta la parte de dar permisos. Creo que NING no autoriza el  acceso a nadie porque si reviso los permisos despues de cambiarlos por ejemplo  la carpeta data se vuelve a los datos de origen.
La pagina [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] no encuentra nada

SOS  :'(
Re: Tengo una comunidad ning y no me funcionan sus instrucciones
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:40 AM »
I installed everything until the party to give permits. I think NING does not allow access to anyone because if I review the permit change after such data becomes the folder to the source data.
The page [http://quediceelpera.ning.com/generator] can not find anything.
What can i do? Thanks and sorry but mi english is very bad
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 12:22:47 AM »
Hello,

could you please contact your hosting support to find out whether there are special instructions on how to upload script files to your server?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:45:43 AM »
And this script can i not install myself without give permissions? thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:02:03 PM »
Normally you can install it yourself with no additional tweaking, but in your case looks like host has some special configuration as to how to install scripts.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 11:15:46 PM »
I see the page [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. Is it normal that carries 2 days to do so? When it finish,  What I do?

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 07:25:01 AM »
 ??? But Is it normal that carries 4 days to do so? when i turn off te computer, what must I select:

1. Do not interrupt the script even after closing the browser window until the crawling is complete
or
2. Continue the interrupted session (2008-09-19 06:20:20, URLs added: 345, estimated URLs left: 2555) ?

thanks
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
Hello,

both checkboxes should be checked.

The time depends on the page generation time mainly, since it crawls the site similar to search engine bots.
For instance, if it it takes 1 second to retrieve every page, then 1000 pages will be crawled in about 16 minutes.

Some of the real-world examples of big db-driven websites:
about 35,000 URLs indexed - 1h 40min total generation time
about 200,000 URLs indexed - 38hours total generation time