How to make sitemap generator recognize forum pages (forum is phpbb) ?
Re: How to make sitemap generator recognize forum pages (forum is phpbb)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »
I have a paid version and i cant see my phpbb files in the sitemap.Even thought you have said there is no issue, i have an issue. Can you please tell me how can i address this issue? Also this might not be a place to ask this but il ask it anyway. Why does google don't see all my pages which were indexed in the sitemap. I submitted 61 pages and google sees only 7?
Re: How to make sitemap generator recognize forum pages (forum is phpbb)
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 03:34:57 AM »
Hi,
just a thought regarding your "Why does google don't see all my pages which were indexed in the sitemap."

Below is quote from Google site maps page (or here's more info from google support [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ].) I would say that you should give them more time. Or try to add in the pages more content or improve some SEO stuff like adding unique description and title for each page (should not be same these two, often in forums a page has title/description the same wording.) It in in webmasters tools Q and A section.

"The stats on the Sitemap Details page are a close approximation of the status of your URLs. We don't guarantee that our system will index all the URLs in a Sitemap, and it's normal for some pages not to be indexed. In addition, we don't index images directly (instead, we index the page that contains the image). As a result, direct image URLs in your Sitemap won't be indexed."