html sitemap ? not a true representation
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:22:26 PM »
I recently purchased XML-Sitemap Generator and made my first run with a few problems. After reading through this forums I found a solution to X-Cart and was able to get Text, ROR and XML  site maps to reflect the product on my site.

The problem is the HTML site map has rows and rows of the same item(s) in fact I have just started my site and with products and folders sitemap shows 37 items however the HTML is showing 245 pages.

What is the process to have the HTML show the same as text, xml and ror?

I am using X-Cart Ver4.1.10 along with CDSEO Pro from Websitecm.
On the configuration I excluded the following from Do not parse extensions: and Exclude URLs:
js=
sort=
printable=
direction=

I would like to be able to put a sitemap for my viisitors however not the current one I am seeing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Frank
Re: html sitemap ? not a true representation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »
Hello,

do you mean that you get different number of URL in XML and HTML sitemaps?
Re: html sitemap ? not a true representation
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »
Oleg

Yes that was the problem I had checked by going in and out several times and was seeing different numbers for the xml and html. However since your response I went back in to get a small list to show you and found xml and html matched. At this point in time everything shows as expected.

You have to love comptuer glitches. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if I encounter any problems.

Thank you for checking.

Frank